Monday, June 14, 2010

Afternoon activities

The children are so polite at meals. Today we ate soup (a clear chicken broth base with thin noodles, like angel hair pasta, finely shredded carrots and parsley), baked chicken legs with rice, and cabbage slaw with a little oil and vinager dressing. It was very good and the children loved it. We eat our meals family style with 6 people per table. The tables are small - good for conversation. My table had 3 boys, Marty, a translator and me. The boys ate their chicken leg with a knife and fork, and did a pretty good job. But finally, the little boy next to me asked me if he could pick his chicken leg up with his hand. We all laughed and I assured him that my own son would have picked it up sooner! The children are not picky at all and eat everything on the table. Petru tells me that the children usually have enough to eat in the orphanage, it is filling food. But there is not much variety and meat is a treat, as are fresh fruit and vegetables.

Two little boys just sat by me on the steps to watch me post on my Iphone. Very exciting for them. They wanted to hear my music, so we listened to several songs. I'm happy to report that their favorites were Rachmanivov's piano concerto #3, the King Singers arrangement of Blackbird and Willie Nelson's Georgia on My mind! Don't they have great taste?

More later,
Bobbie Ann

1 comment:

  1. Bobbie Ann - - Your stories are great ... I can picture you sitting with the kids and them being fascinated with the IPhone ... they will talk about that for a long time. I bet your days are going to go by fast!

    ReplyDelete